Wednesday, September 9, 2009

keeping track of rows in the pattern

The detail of the details......


Years ago I owned a sheet of metal with a couple of magnets on it for keeping track of where I was in needlework and knitting patterns. I have no idea where it is now, but for weaving something similar seems to be essential.

I couldn't find a replacement in any of the nearby stores, so I took a piece of metal to the local metalworking shop and had them cut it into 8.5 x 11 sheets. Some of the extra magnets on the fridge got a coat of spray paint and viola! My row marking system was complete. If I want more I'll have a cookie sheet cut up. (As long as it holds magnets!)

However, it took a while to get the cutting done. In the meantime I punched holes in a plain index card and used it. I taped the pattern down and used more tape to hold the index card in place as I moved it from row to row.

It worked just fine!

1 comment:

Marni said...

I can't access this to edit it! I really really really think computers are a both a blessing and a curse.
Marni